They like me, they really like me!

1.15.2010

We got a puppy a few weeks ago. We love her so so much and she is really quite good. The problem is... she hates our cat. Every time she sees the cat she want to eat him. It is really not fair to him at all. I mean his is our first baby and he does get preference. We probably could deal with a crazy hyper puppy, but I dont know that we can handle a puppy that wants to attack our beloved cat. We are considering selling her. It makes me really sad bit I am really not sure is this is going to work for us. She really is sweet and very smart.

*sigh*

I just don't know what to do

3 comments:

Mara said...

The puppy is probably just playing. And, cats are not big on the whole change thing. When we got a kitten, our first cat hated him for months. (To be fair, he was a pain-in-the-ass kitten.) Even now, more than a year later, they have their issues, but they mostly get along.

____j said...

SO CUTE! I would totally take her off your hands for you if I weren't a million miles away. Maybe the pup just has to get used to the cat. Have you scolded her when she tries to attack?

Azmomo2andcounting said...

The cat can take care of itself with a few swats and hisses. The puppy is excited and wants to explore and play. My dog would shake and whine and bark, but then she got over it- slow introductions. If you have a crate thats the best way.
Just make sure the cat has an escape route! ;-) ( BTW I have two new puppies, a 3 year old dog and a 1 year old cat) Its been a wild ride.