They like me, they really like me!

1.10.2010

The dress Debauchle

My dress.. has been something that was quite stressful up until now.

After Chris and I got engaged I went and did a little dress shopping. I just wanted to see what I liked and didn't like. Well my mom, sister and I headed over to Davids Bridal and my awesome consultant had me try on like 20 dresses. NO JOKE. By the end of the day I found the dress that I THOUGHT I loved. I thought i looke beautiful in it and I was so excited. We bought the dress. That was 1.5 years ago. Since then I would try my dress on every time I went to my aunts house and every time i saw myself in it. i love my dress but not the way I looked in it. So finally over Christmas, my aunt said, let me call and see if they can get you one in a bigger size because that will alleviate a lot of the issues I had with the way it was fitting. Surprisingly they said to bring it on it so they could take a look at it and they would order me a size up no problem.



I was a blonde then too hehe

So I walk into the store and I start trying on my old dress so that my consultant can see it on me and I see a dress hanging on a mannequin that I just thought was super cute. I asked to try it on and she said sure. I put it on and fell in love. it is so much more flattering and It totally fits my personality and the feel of the wedding so much better! It is just really crazy that I could try on 20 dresses and think that i found then one and then see a single dress hanging up and put it on and leave with it as my wedding dress. It was never my intention to but a new dress. But when I put it on all I could think of was wow!

Now I am really excited to be getting married and I am so excited to actually start planning. i don't have to worry about losing those last 100000000 pounds to fit into my dress and I can just relax and enjoy myself!

1 comment:

____j said...

I like that dress. What does the new one look liked?