They like me, they really like me!

11.01.2009

Talking to my mother

It is really funny to talk to my mom about the wedding. I kind of throw little things in here or there about it like "Oh I think we are going to try and get our deposit back".. and I don't get much of a response. I don't really know what to think about that. I mean, we have pretty much made up our minds. A court house wedding w/ just immediate family and then we will take them out to dinner that night. Then about a month later we throw a really good bbq for all of our friends and family as a really relaxed celebration. I guess she just doesn't want to put her input in, which is ok in a way because she is realizing it is MY wedding and not hers. It is kind of disconcerting though at the same time. I like her opinion. I like getting a little validation from her, but I suppose it doesn't matter. I guess I need to become more comfortable making my own decisions.

4 comments:

Mara said...

Sounds like a good plan to me. I don't get why people spend so much effing money on weddings. Save that money for your honeymoon and make it the trip of a lifetime. OR, better yet, use it for a down payment on a house.

Haley Dawn said...

mu idea is a house. you read my mind!

Sara said...

when did you decide this? why wasn't I informed? When will it be YOU NEED TO CALL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haley Dawn said...

ooo.. im in trouble w/ the sara... :(